Hello from Dallas Part I

Last week, I was in Dallas, Texas on a film shoot for the March of Dimes. I kept a little running journal of my time spent on the shoot:

Hello from Dallas: Part I - FEAR

I was recently shipped out to Dallas, Texas to film a 35,000 person walk for the March of Dimes. This is my fifth time out on a walk film shoot, but only the second time that I’ve been in charge of my own crew.

A few years back, my boss had gone to the same event. He suggested that I use the crew he booked the last time he was out; Abernethy Media Professionals, or AMP for short.

I took my mentor’s advice and wound up with the same shooter that he had hired; Russell Blair.

We landed in Dallas around 2pm and began our pre-scout day rituals of finding a Lowes to purchase a ladder for the photographer, pick up a giant case of water and goodies, and then head to the hotel to crash for the evening.

Thursday night was uneventful, until the tornado ripped through town.

No big deal.

Just a thunder strike that made me jump six feet out of my bed.

And hail balls.

Those were fun, falling back asleep to the sweet sound of pelting against my bedroom window.

Which was on the 11th floor, so the high winds added a nice touch to my already heightened sense of mortality.

Good first day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Little Guy Productions. Powered by Blogger.
 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best CD Rates