Hello from Dallas Part III

Last week, I was in Dallas, Texas on a film shoot for the March of Dimes. I kept a little running journal of my time spent on the shoot:

Hello from Dallas: Part III - HOPE

It’s currently 4:45am. I have to be up in fifteen minutes.

It’s pitch black outside. I haven’t been up this early since, well, Thursday morning.

There’s something really great and energizing being out in the field, working on a film.

Sitting in a basement, at the same desk, staring at the same walls can cause a disconnect from the world, or in my case, the reason why I’m doing my job.

There’s nothing quite like seeing 35,000 people come together to celebrate, to grieve, to remember, to hope. 35,000 people all putting aside their lives for a few hours for a good cause.

I was out on the walk route, when I had a mini epiphany, which may have been induced by the lack of water or the Texas heat.

I realized that, all those hours cutting together a video, sitting in meetings, or running wires for a powerpoint or video presentation there is something much bigger, much greater than what’s happening in the walls at 1275 Mamaroneck Avenue.

I met some extraordinary people at the walk today, and I got to sit down and talk to a couple of them.

I met with a group of women who have all lost a child. Their stories were heartbreaking, but despite all they’ve been through, they’re learning to heal, to cope, to lean on each other when a sympathetic ear or shoulder is needed.

It made me realize the work that we do is important.

Even if it means getting up before God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Little Guy Productions. Powered by Blogger.
 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best CD Rates