Hello from Dallas Part IV

Last week, I was in Dallas, Texas on a film shoot for the March of Dimes. I kept a little running journal of my time spent on the shoot:






Hello from Dallas Part: IV - PERSEVERANCE

Just a few things you might have heard, if you were wearing the fourth film crew walkie-talkie during the Dallas March for Babies.

Me: I lost the sound guy.

Me: My batteries just died. Turd Burger...

Walker “Did someone lose a binder?”
Me: Yes, do you have it?
Walker: No, it’s back there.
Me: Where?
Walker: Good luck!

Me: Does anyone know if they removed the dead dog from our backup interview location? I think we need to move the crew over there.

Me: You can totally jump that curb.
Sensible Driver Justin: Chris, that’s a stream, and it’s about 2 feet deep.
Me: Hey, it’s not like it’s your golf cart...

Me: I lost Kelly Clarkson, again.

Me (to a crowd): Who wants to be in a movie?
Lady in Crowd: Who are you?
Me: I’m the director of the movie we’re shooting
Lady: Are you a famous director?
Me: Have you heard of the movie “Despicable Me”?
Lady (eyes light up): Oh my God, yes!
Me: Well I saw it in a movie theater once.

Me: (SCREAMING) Who want’s to be on TV?
Lady: What channel are you from?
Me; Uh....four?
Lady: Four what?
Me: (GULPING) Ummm...Fox 4?
Lady: Great! Are we going to be on the news tonight?
Me: I probably wouldn’t bet on it.


Russell (Cameraman): LOOK OUT! (Light fixture knocked over by gust of wind, almost beheading a March of Dimes staff woman).

Russell: Well, the car battery just died.

Interview Subject #6 (two minutes after the interview was done): Right before the interview, I unplugged the mic that was attached to my back, were you still able to hear me?

So kids, what did we learn here today? That no matter how much time you spend pre-planning your shoot the day before, nothing will ever go according to plan.

And that’s why I love doing what I do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Little Guy Productions. Powered by Blogger.
 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best CD Rates