Neighborhood Cruisers

A few weeks ago, after I got off work at the March of Dimes, I headed over to Gennaro's Restaurant in Stony Point (off 9W).

Every Monday night during the summer, the Neighborhood Cruisers hold a little car show at Gennaro's, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to test out my new Canon Zoom 70-200mm lens.

I was doing my normal random shooting of these beautiful classic cars when I noticed a kid hop onto one of the Cruiser's motorcycles. I got the following photo:


The boy on the bike is Evan Sugrue. At 15 months Evan was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy. He has spastic diplegia, as well as a global developmental delay. He is also diagnosed with thrombocythemia which is when the platelet count is too high and can cause clotting abnormalities. Evan has had many surgeries and receives occupational and speech therapy.  He does not let his disability keep him from playing outside with his friends.

Evan is one of the recipients of this year's Cruisin for Kids benefit. Evan has a smile a mile wide and lit up the car show the moment he showed up.

If you're a local resident of Rockland or Westchester, you should consider visiting the Cruisers at their annual car show at the end of the summer (August 6, at North Rockland High School).

For more information about the Cruisers, visit their website at www.neighborhoodcruisers.org or check them out on Facebook or Youtube.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Little Guy Productions. Powered by Blogger.
 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best CD Rates